Win a week’s work experience with the #instascottbrownrigg Photography Competition
Engaging with and supporting the next generation of design student is a core value for Scott Brownrigg. Following the success of the Practice’s first student Instagram competition last year, this summer will see its return. The #instascottbrownrigg photography competition offers the chance for one student to win a week learning from Scott Brownrigg’s award-winning architecture and interior design teams.
This year’s theme is how architecture, design and nature coincide: how we reconnect with nature through architecture and design.
How to enter
Open to all Architecture and Design students in the UK, students will simply need to:
- Post their entry on Instagram (maximum 2 photos)
- Tag @scottbrownriggltd and include #instascottbrownrigg
- Include a short caption on why the entrant feels they deserve to win the prize, and the name of current place of study.
The winning image will be judged on composition, technical proficiency and relevance to the topic.
All entries must be posted by midnight, 28 October 2018.
Criteria, Terms and Conditions
- The competition is for architecture or interior design students only.
- Photography will be judged on the photographer’s interpretation of the competitions theme, composition, technical proficiency and creativity.
- The use of filters and effects shall be allowed; however images should not be layered or distorted in order to adhere to the criteria for submitting.
- Each participant can only submit a maximum of two photo entries.
- Each submitted photo must tag @scottbrownriggltd on Instagram, and include a short caption on why it deserves to win the prize, together with where the participant is currently studying as a reference.
- The competition will be judged by a selection of members from Scott Brownrigg’s management team:
- Darren Comber, CEO
- Neil MacOmish, Board Director
- Helen Taylor, Director of Practice
- Morley von Sternberg, Architectural and Portrait Photographer
- Valeria Carullo, Curator RIBA Photographs Collection
- Matt Dunne, Instascottbrownrigg Competition Winner 2017
- An invitation will be sent to all those who have participated in the competition to attend a ceremony at Scott Brownrigg’s London head office where the winner and runners up will be announced.
- Usage rights: By entering your image/s into the competition, the entrant grants permission for Scott Brownrigg to have an exclusive license to reproduce the images for marketing purposes, including social media.
- Copyright and reproduction: Entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered.
- By entering the Instagram competition, the entrant agrees to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and comply fully with them.
- The winner will be announced at the Instascottbrownrigg Ceremony in London.
- The work experience will be for 5 working days and will be unpaid. The winner shall be provided with a travel allowance and be provided with 5 nights’ paid accommodation if required. The winner will also be provided with a daily lunch allowance. All other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner.
-Dates and details of the placement, including which Studio will be finalised following the announcement of the winner.